We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
CHIJ Alumni Association may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 26 May 2014.
What we collect
We collect the following information:
- name, identification document number, date of birth
- race and religion
- your occupation, employer and job industry
- contact information including residential address, country of residence, postal code, telephone numbers and email address
- schools attended, number of years spent in school, year of completion of national examinations, total number of years spent in CHIJ schools and year of graduation
- other information relevant to the Association’s needs in carrying out its activities, and may include surveys and/or offers in connection with CHIJ Alumni Association activities and events.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to administer our membership database and to enable the CHIJ Alumni Association to carry out and organise events and activities for our members and for the CHIJ Primary (Toa Payoh) and CHIJ Secondary (Toa Payoh) schools. In particular, we may use the information provided for the following reasons:
- We may periodically send promotional emails about Alumni and School events, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for Alumni and School activities. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- We may use your information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and supervisory procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.